World at Play is a small charity that makes a huge impact and we are very grateful for any support offered. Our international projects take place in Eastern and Southern Europe. If you would like to discuss World at Play working with your organisation in one of those areas please email firstname.lastname@example.org
donations and fundraising
We are reliant upon donations and fundraising to fund our work, you can make a one-off or monthly donation here.
Each year we organise an incredible bike ride in Norway, click here to find out more.
We would be delighted if you wanted to organise your own fundraising activity. We have listed some ideas below.
Organise an event:
People love an excuse to get together, especially if it’s for a good cause! Here are some ideas for events you could run:
- Car boot sale / Garage sale or using eBay to sell your unwanted items
- Run a 5 a side football tournament with an entry fee for each team or player
- Host a themed party (everyone loves dressing up!)
- Cake sales at work, school or Uni
- Organise a themed (or normal!) car wash at the work or Uni car park
- Organise a pub quiz on topics of your choice
- Host a come dine with me night
- Host an open mic night, karaoke or even a dance-off!
- Don’t be afraid to ask your friends and family to help. If they can’t give money, perhaps they can probably support your fundraising in other ways e.g. donating gifts / services for raffles or prizes.
Complete a challenge
Whether it’s running, swimming, trekking, cycling or something else you want to give a go, physical (or mental!) challenges are a popular way to raise money for your favourite cause.
"I did a sponsored half marathon and people gave me money in exchange for writing their name in marker on my skin. It was as simple as it sounds, but I had people queuing up right until the start of the race to scribble their name! I suppose it meant that they didn’t have to then run themselves"
- Harri Grace
Find out whether your company does matched fundraising and make sure you sign up if they do, as it’s a simple way of doubling your money!