Marketing and Volunteer Recruitment Officer
Responsible to: Senior Manager
Contract – Fixed Term, Part-time 2 days/week, September 2019 – November 2019
Salary - £200/week, to be paid weekly
Hours – 14 hours a week to be worked flexibly to your schedule
Location – This role can be worked remotely with regular telephone and email check ins
To apply: Send a CV and paragraph detailing why you are the right person for the role to email@example.com. We will not consider applications without a covering paragraph.
Deadline: We will be taking applications on a rolling basis and hope to have our candidate in place by the end of September
Interview dates: We will be conducting short telephone interviews with applicants on a rolling basis
About World at Play
World at Play (WAP) is an international development charity that enriches lives through sport and play. We give disadvantaged children and marginalised adults across the world the chance to play and learn.
We believe that access to sport, and the freedom to play without fear, prejudice or intimidation is an integral part of every childhood. Our volunteers are trained to deliver sport and developmental play to children and young people living in the most challenging circumstances.
We run two projects annually, one in eastern Europe and the other in a refugee camp in Uganda. Teams of volunteers will travel to children most in need of the life-changing power of play and run games and sports in their own environments. Our projects have a long term and sustainable impact on our volunteers, on the children who take part, and on the partner organisations we work with.
This is an exciting time to be joining our team as we have recently expanded our work to Africa for the first time.
We need an experienced and enthusiastic person to help us recruit volunteers for the 2020 expeditions.
Our work has an enormous impact on the children we meetbut it is also transformational for our volunteers.
“Volunteering for WAP has had a huge impact on me. It has challenged my perceptions and opinions, increased my confidence and faith in myself and proved that I can do things that I thought I couldn’t”
- Volunteer, 2017 Eastern Europe project
We offer a unique opportunity to see the world and change lives and it is important we find people who will make the most of this experience.
Our Marketing and Volunteer Recruitment Officer will ensure that both of our projects are fully staffed with teams of enthusiastic and committed volunteers. This includes supporting us in all aspects of volunteer recruitment, from advertising on suitable forums to building partnerships with organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Write and post job descriptions and advertising copy
• Research appropriate advertising forums
• Use social media to advertise volunteer roles and communicate with prospective volunteers
• Build partnerships with organisations to support the recruitment of volunteers including corporate partners, schools and universities, volunteering and international development charities
• Maintain and follow up all relationships and partnership opportunities relating to volunteer recruitment
• Seek opportunities to present about the work of WAP
• Communicate with prospective volunteers
• Keep accurate records and manage data to ensure the success of future projects
You will be a proactive and enthusiastic individual who is comfortable working independently and communicating with a wide variety of people. You will be passionate about the mission and ethos of WAP and able to inspire others to join us.
This role is ideal for someone looking for flexible working opportunities or seeking to improve their marketing and recruitment portfolio. It is a varied role with scope for creativity and ownership.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Comfortable speaking on the phone
• Background / skills inmarketing/communication/volunteering recruitment
• Experience of building and maintaining partnerships
• Experience using/working with social media
• A self-motivated, independent worker who can manage their own time
• Able to work to deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable
Desirable Skills Experience
• Experience working with schools/universities/charities
• Experience working internationally or with international organisations
• Experience of sports and play with children/marginalised people
• Experience managing volunteers
2018 European Project
a huge success
7 volunteers were fully trained and travelled through Eastern Europe to deliver World at Play's 2017 International Project. Find out more, follow their blog and see the best of the photos here